Sunday, November 13, 2011

October in Review

Now that it's the middle of November I think it's appropriate to post about October :). I at least had to share Kiley's cute Halloween costume and brag about Dave's first Ragnar.

I'll start with Dave. Yes, he ran his first Ragnar Relay last month. This was actually his second race but first Ragnar, make sense? He ran a competitors race in Washington in September and then ran the Las Vegas Ragnar. What really impresses me is that he hardly trained for them. Seriously, he hardly trained! I'm talking couch to marathon kind of stuff. His first race he ran over 15 miles broken up over 3 legs mind you. His longest leg being a 6 miler...who does that without training? The Vegas race was similar, about 15 miles over 3 legs with zero training before hand. I was so nervous for him but he took it all like a champ even in the 90 degree heat. Gotta love him (and gotta love those short running shorts ;))!


We had a wonderful Halloween. At Ragnar, Halloween is a holiday so Dave got the day off. We went on a hike and went out to lunch. Kiley was a scarecrow and we were impromptu farmers. She was the cutest little scarecrow you've ever seen. We got the little outfit from Dave's aunt who is an expert seamstress. All I had to do was paint her nose and put sunflowers in her hair. I'm all about using what you got when it comes to Halloween costumes. We'll see how long that lasts.



What else kept us so busy that we didn't blog? Well, it's pretty cold so we've been staying close to our heaters. I mean really close.


Dave and Kiley have also been busy watching football on Saturdays. Dave taught Kiley to say WoohWooh every time football is on. He convinces me that they need to watch football cause Kiley loves it. Oh boy, it is pretty cute when they watch it together.

1 comments:

The Pantones said...

ha! I laughed out loud when I saw that heater picture. Can't wait to see you Thursday!